On Sundays, as we meet together as a church community, we worship God through singing, prayer and the teaching of his Word. We meet every Sunday morning at 11am to 12.30pm, and every second and fourth Sunday evenings of the month from 7pm to 8.30pm. Our worship services are fun, contemporary, traditional, thought-provoking, practical, contemplative, interactive, down-to-earth and yet pointing to heaven.
We welcome children of all ages in the service. We provide creche facilities for mums and dads that may wish to be free from distraction as they worship. After the talk to the children in the church service, most of the children then go to Jump, Rainbow Club and Bubbles for the remainder of the service, providing a great opportunity for them to learn more about God and his son Jesus, in a way that is aimed at their relevant age groups.
Our services are open to all, and our dress code is informal. You are more than welcome to join us on any Sunday, without obligation. We would love to see you!
A typical service at Muckamore would start with a number of announcements from the Minister, followed by a prayer, some singing, a bible reading and a children’s talk. After the children leave for Jump, Rainbow Club and Bubbles, there is a time to sing some more songs or hymns and then pray for the needs of others in our church family, local community and wider world. After praying for others there is an opportunity for people to give an anonymous financial gift towards the work of the Church, locally and globally. The Minister or a visiting guest speaker will then give a talk on a particular subject, linked with the main Bible reading. We would normally finish the service with a few more songs and a prayer. Tea and coffee is served in the foyer after church and many people spend time after the church service, mingling and getting to know one another more.
A few basic hints and tips about our services:
- Our dress code is simply that you have to wear clothes – whatever you are comfortable wearing. This could be shorts and T-shirt or a shirt and tie.
- We normally stand up to sing.
- The seats in the church are ‘first come, first served’. There are no reserved seats unless there is a special event.
- All the words for the songs are projected onto a large screen at the front of the church. There are bibles in each of the seats, to help you follow the bible readings.
- There is a loop system in place for those that are hard of hearing. The layout of the church complex allows easy access for wheelchairs.
- You do not have to give any money. It is an optional freewill offering.
- There are a team of people welcoming you at the door each morning, and they are there to help you and answer any questions you might have.
- If you are new to the church, then please introduce yourself to the Minister or to one of the people welcoming you at the door.