The Committee is responsible for the safe and efficient operation of the Church as a legal entity. It is composed of members of the church family at Muckamore who have been elected by the congregation to serve on the committee for a period of three years. The members of the Kirk Session also sit on the Committee.
In Muckamore, the Committee is divided into three sub committees, responsible for the following areas:
The Property Sub-Committee is responsible for ensuring that our congregation and organisations have the best possible facilities to operate in, and for the management of any land and buildings that the church owns. This work involves:
- Regularly reviewing the provision of the church buildings, offices and halls to ensure that they meet our needs now and in the foreseeable future.
- Drawing up plans for new building and development work and overseeing this work.
- Liaising and project managing outside agencies such as Architects, Surveyors, Civil Engineers, as required during building works and repairs.
- Advising on building regulations and health and safety issues relating to our facilities that arise from time to time.
The Finance Sub-Committee is responsible for the prudent management of all financial matters relating to the Church. This includes:
- Recording all the income and expenditure of the Church.
- Ensuring all invoices are paid in a timely manner.
- Management of all the Church Bank accounts.
- Production of the freewill offering statement for each member of the Congregation.
- Management of the gift aid submissions to the relevant authorities.
The Administration Sub-Committee is responsible for looking after a lot of the activities and processes that impact the day to day running of church life. These include:
- Putting together and managing the various church rotas.
- Coordinating the church’s health and safety policy and making sure this is implemented across all the church’s organisations and activities.
- Overseeing the development of the church website and other activities related to raising awareness of Muckamore Presbyterian Church across the local community.
- Ensuring that all necessary administrative paperwork and documentation is completed in a timely manner on behalf of the church.
The Church Secretary of the Committee is responsible for keeping a record of the quarterly Committee meetings, and for putting together any correspondence with external organisations and groups, on behalf of the Committee. This role is currently performed by Donald Starritt.
The Committee members for Muckamore Presbyterian Church, and the sub-committees they are part of, are:
|Bobbie Goudy||Finance (Treasurer)|
|Keith McKnight||Finance (Gift Aid)|
|Donald Starritt||Administration (Church Secretary)|
To find out more about the Committee, or if you want to get in touch with the Committee directly, please contact the Church Secretary: